Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Little Morning Skin Care


I try to keep my skin care routine pretty simple, I find that works best for my normal/combo/acne prone skin.

In the morning I start out with something exfoliating to get all of the grime and guck off my skin from the night before. I switch between using Korres Wold Rose Daily Brightening & Refining Buff Cleanser (a mouth full) and Yes to Grapefruit Correct and Repair Daily Facial Scrub. Both of these smell divine, and leave my skin feeling smooth and ready for toner and moisturizer.

Next up: Toner. I'm not really into toners per say. I usually use my own special mix of water and some tea tree oil to disinfect and feel excess oils at bay. On really hot and humid days, I like to use Boots Botanics Shine Away Mattifying Toner. I don't like to use this daily because I feel like it really stripes the skin of every bit of natural oil.

For eye cream I've been using the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream. I really enjoy using this eye cream, it works really well under make up, no funny smell and it actually seems to be helping. I picked it up on a whim in Target because it said it had AHAs which are good for fighting milia.

Moisturize me. (For all my fellow Doctor Who fans.) Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer is my favorite for using in the morning. It's moisturizing with out feeling too heavy or oily on the skin. But let's be honest.... I'm a sucker for anything citrus!



What's your morning routine?

xo, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment